I have been having a BLAST experimenting with different types of squash as they are in season and so delicious and nutritious! My favorite for the following recipe so far are called "Golden Nugget Squash" they look like little pumpkins - sort of... but I have also done it with pumpkin, butternut squash and acorn squash - I am about to attempt spaghetti squash too!
Anyhoo - here it is, ENJOY!
VEGAN Pumpkin Curry Soup
- 4 small-medium sized squash (each about the size of a large grapefruit)
- 2 large butternut squash
- 1 large pumpkin (about the size of a basketball)
- 1 large green apple (or whatever tart apple you happen to have around)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon of Frontier Organics Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organics Muchi Curry (or your favorite curry powder to taste)
- 3-6 cups of water (to your desired consistency)
- fresh garlic to taste
Bake the squash until soft and easy to scoop out of the shell. What I do is bake it before bed and then when it is done I just turn the oven off and leave it in the oven to cool overnight, easy to scoop out in the morning.
Blend the skinless squash with the rest of the ingredients - you may need to do it in 2-3 batches depending on how big and powerful your blender is (I burned up my blender with this recipe already this season...). Add water as needed and to achieve your desired consistency.
Can be served hot or cold. Garnish with a drizzle of pure coconut water from the can (looks like sour cream) and the coconut milk can also be cooling if your curry is on the spicy side!
DEE-LISH! Cincinnatus loves it as baby food too - he's my little hot n' spicy curry baby!!