- 2 15 oz cans of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from concentrate is fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons wheat-free tamari or Bragg amino acids (to taste)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (to taste)
Layer the ingredients in your blender in this order: drained beans, spices and garlic, tahini & liquids. Blend until smooth.
Serve with celery sticks, apple slices, cucumber slices, toast, sprouts, romaine hearts, jicama, corn chips... or fill hollowed out tomatoes & baby bell peppers. Enjoy!
- keeps for at least a week in the fridge
- high protein
- high calcium
- high fiber
- low fat
- sooo very versatile!
- great potluck/party dish (as long as everyone likes garlic)